You have not yet added any article to your bookmarks!
Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.
Do not worry we don't spam!
Post by : Meena Ariff
President Donald Trump on Sunday addressed reports that the US military carried out a follow-up strike on a Caribbean boat suspected of drug trafficking, which reportedly killed survivors of an initial missile attack.
Trump said he “wouldn’t have wanted” a second strike on the vessel, referring to the September 2 operation — the first publicly reported in a series of attacks targeting suspected drug-trafficking boats in the Caribbean and eastern Pacific.
Reports indicate that after the initial strike, two survivors were seen clinging to the burning vessel before US forces struck again. Sources familiar with the operation claimed that troops had been instructed to “kill everyone on board.”
Trump defended Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, saying: “I’m going to find out about it, but Pete said he did not order the death of those two men.” He added, “We’ll look into it, but no, I wouldn’t have wanted that — not a second strike. The first strike was very lethal.”
Hegseth has dismissed the reports as false.
Since September, US air operations targeting suspected drug-trafficking boats in the Caribbean Sea and eastern Pacific have reportedly killed at least 83 people. The legality of these strikes has been questioned, with calls for a full investigation into whether they constitute extrajudicial killings.
Bipartisan leaders in Congress have announced plans to gather a full account of the operations. Meanwhile, Hegseth drew criticism for posting a mock book cover online depicting the children’s character Franklin the Turtle in military gear targeting boats, adding to the controversy surrounding the strikes.
Lamborghini Catches Fire on Singapore's ECP, Causing Heavy Traffic
A Lamborghini caught fire on Singapore's ECP, causing heavy traffic and bus delays. No injuries were
Bangkok Airport Duty-Free Area Flooded by Pipe Burst
A burst water pipe flooded the duty-free shopping area at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on July 16,
Nine Monks Killed in Thailand Pickup Truck Tragedy
An 11-year-old boy driving a pickup truck crashed into monks during a pilgrimage in northeastern Tha
Anwar Congratulates Xi on CPC's 105th Anniversary
Malaysia reaffirms strong ties with China as PM Anwar Ibrahim sends a congratulatory letter to Presi
Thai Agriculture Team Reviews 2026 Farm Development Plans
Agriculture Ministry officials inspected livestock and organic rice projects in Nakhon Sawan to moni
Thailand, Canada Boost Ties in PM-Level Phone Talks
Thailand and Canada agreed to strengthen trade, security, OECD cooperation and ASEAN-Canada FTA talk