You have not yet added any article to your bookmarks!
Join 10k+ people to get notified about new posts, news and tips.
Do not worry we don't spam!
Post by : Meena Ariff
Prince Harry and pop star Elton John say UK media invaded their privacy. Harry said it made him "paranoid beyond belief," while John said he felt "violated." Both appeared in London on Monday to give evidence in a court case.
The case also includes John’s husband David Furnish and four other famous people. They say the media secretly collected private information, including listening to calls, reading voicemails, and taking personal details without permission from 1993 to 2018.
The claimants said private investigators were hired to get this information and create news stories. The media company denies all the claims.
Harry’s lawyers said 14 articles about him came from secret invasions of privacy. Harry said it caused "massive strain" on his relationships, made him distrust people, and feel isolated.
Elton John and David Furnish said the media’s actions affected their home and family safety. They were upset that medical details about their son Zachary’s birth were accessed, and his birth certificate was taken. They called it shocking and upsetting.
This is the last of three court cases Harry has filed against the media. He calls his fight a "mission" to hold the press accountable. Harry has long blamed media harassment for his mother Princess Diana’s death in 1997, when she died in a car crash while being chased by photographers.
Harry, wearing a navy blue suit, is set to give evidence later this week. In 2023, he became the first senior British royal in over 100 years to testify in a phone hacking case. Last year, he also settled another case and received money for privacy violations.
Other people in the case include actors Liz Hurley and Sadie Frost, campaigner Doreen Lawrence—whose son Stephen was killed in a racist attack in 1993—and former politician Simon Hughes. They are expected to give evidence in the coming weeks.
Lawyers said the media used illegal methods to collect private information. They hired investigators to check cars, track flights, access bank details, and pretend to be other people to get private information. They also destroyed records to hide it.
The media company denies all the allegations.
Prince Harry’s visit to the UK is rare since stepping back from royal duties in 2020 and moving to California with his wife Meghan. His last visit in September included a meeting with King Charles III, but he won’t meet his father this time.
The case is getting a lot of attention and raises questions about privacy, ethics, and media responsibility.
George Russell Wins Dutch GP Sprint, Boosts Mercedes Morale
George Russell wins the Dutch GP Sprint from pole as Mercedes teammate Kimi Antonelli extends his F1
Australia 50/3 After Bangladesh Bowled Out for 64 in Second Test
Australia reached 50/3 after Bangladesh were bowled out for 64 in the second Test, with Mitchell Sta
Jordan Burroughs Returns to Wrestling with 2028 Olympic Dream
Jordan Burroughs returns to wrestling with Real American Freestyle as the Olympic champion eyes a po
Lamborghini Catches Fire on Singapore's ECP, Causing Heavy Traffic
A Lamborghini caught fire on Singapore's ECP, causing heavy traffic and bus delays. No injuries were
Bangkok Airport Duty-Free Area Flooded by Pipe Burst
A burst water pipe flooded the duty-free shopping area at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on July 16,
Nine Monks Killed in Thailand Pickup Truck Tragedy
An 11-year-old boy driving a pickup truck crashed into monks during a pilgrimage in northeastern Tha